It is possible to describe an atom, an electron, or a photon as either a wave or a particle. In reality, they are both: a wave and a particle.
What do you stand to win? This year's film festival will end with live events for shortlisted films as well as prizes.
We will shortlist up to ten films to receive:
- A USD 250 screening fee
- A one-year digital subscription to Scientific American
- A personalised certificate
- International screenings: check the Screening Partners page for the latest details - we'll be updating this page as more events are finalised.
Our eminent judges will decide the top two prizes.
- First Prize: USD 1500 & an engraved trophy
- Runner Up: USD 1000 & an engraved trophy
The film-watching public will get to vote for their favourite too, deciding the People's Choice award by online vote on the shortlist:
- People’s Choice: USD 500 & an engraved trophy