The most precise clocks we have are atomic clocks which are powered by quantum mechanics. Besides keeping time, they can also let your smartphone know where you are.
What do you stand to win? This year's flash fiction contest will end with prizes for the winning story, runner-up and shortlisted stories.
We will shortlist up to ten stories to receive:
- A USD 100 shortlist award
- A one-year digital subscription to Scientific American
- A personalised certificate
Our eminent judges will decide the top two prizes.
- First Prize: USD 1500 & an engraved trophy
- Runner Up: USD 1000 & an engraved trophy
The public will get to vote for their favourite story too, deciding the People's Choice award by online vote on the shortlist:
- People’s Choice: USD 500 & an engraved trophy