This is a narrow constriction in a ring of superconductor. Current can only move around the ring because of quantum laws; the apparatus provides a neat way to investigate the properties of quantum mechanics and is a technology to build qubits for quantum computers.
What do you stand to win? This year's film festival will end with screening events and prizes for the winning film, runner-up and shortlisted films.
We will shortlist up to ten films to receive:
- A USD 250 screening fee
- A one-year digital subscription to Scientific American
- A personalised certificate
Our eminent judges will decide the top two prizes.
- First Prize: USD 1500 & an engraved trophy
- Runner Up: USD 1000 & an engraved trophy
The public will get to vote for their favourite film too, deciding the People's Choice award by online vote on the shortlist:
- People’s Choice: USD 500 & an engraved trophy