These are particles that carry a quantum property called strangeness. Some fundamental particles have the property known as charm!
What do you stand to win? This year's competition will end with prizes for the winning, runner-up and shortlisted stories.
We will shortlist up to ten stories to receive:
- A USD 100 shortlist prize
- A one-year digital subscription to Scientific American
- A personalised certificate
Our eminent judges will decide the top two prizes.
- First Prize: USD 1500 & an engraved trophy
- Runner Up: USD 1000 & an engraved trophy
The public will get to vote for their favourite story too, deciding the People's Choice award by online vote on the shortlist:
- People’s Choice: USD 500 & an engraved trophy