Some of the strangest characteristics of quantum theory can be demonstrated by firing a photon into an interferometer
The father looked at the old clock hanging on the waiting room wall and the hands didn't seem to move, but when he checked it on his smartphone, the time was exactly the same. The fathe's anxiety was affecting his perception of time.
The feeling of an eternity had passed within five minutes, when the receptionist finally announced "Mr. Lockwood and son, Doctor Erwin is waiting for you in her office." The father got up from the armchair, holding his son by the hand and leading him among other parents and children waiting in the waiting room, into the doctor's office.
- Good afternoon, Mr. Lockwood. Please sit. - The doctor offered her hand to shake and the indicated the sofa. - And this must be little Lockwood. - He extended his hand in greeting to Mr. Lockwood's son, but the child ducked behind his father's legs, hugging his carboard box.
- That's what we need to talk about, Dr. Erwin.
The father first placed his son around the toys available in the office before sitting on the sofa.
- Fear of strangers?
- No. It's about the box.
- What is in the box?
- I don't know, doctor. The box is always with him, and when he doesn't have it, I don't know where he hides it.
- Have you ever tried to take her away from him?
- As it is not something dangerous... No. I teach that we cannot take something from someone by force.
- I understand. Do you have any idea what's insde the box? Empty?
The father lets out a nervous laugh.
- I'm sorry, Doctor. Sometimes the box doesn't always look the same. Believe me, when he's not holding it, it looks like it's moving. I've even discussed it with my closest relatives, since I'm a solo father, and nobody said this was going to be easy. I don't know if tey speak for good or bad, that's why I'm here, because I need help.
- All good. Mr. Lockwood. I'll talk to your son for a moment.
The doctor walked towardsa the child, carrying her clipboard withg her notes. Doctor Ewin sat on the child set opposite Mr. Lockwoos's son, and smiled at thim when he noticed her presence.
- This box looks fun. Is there anything of value inside it?
- We can't look inside the box. Dad doesn't understand.
- Why can't we open?
- It will cause interference.